Friday, May 22, 2020

Update

Heyyy y'all, this will be an update on the status of my translations for Daomu Biji.
As this is quite literally a one-woman team, I have been struggling to keep up with translating the novel whilst balancing school and work life. The purpose of my translation efforts were to also hopefully catch the attention of other translators with more experience than me to translate the novels or just quite literally anyone with the interest to do so. And whilst I may not be the cause, someone has picked up on the translation of these novels!!!! I am quite late to posting this as I haven't had the time to do so, but here is the link to MereBear's translations:


As of now, I see my efforts as unnecessary as MereBear has been doing a great job and has a very fast translation pace. If it is deemed necessary that I continue to translate, I will do so, but as of now, the project is officially on hold.

As for the future of this blog, I'm currently working on smaller projects related to my own interests that I will reveal soon. :) This interests will affect the scope of this blog so I will be changing the name from "Tian Translations" to "Tian's Garden".

And because I have put this on hold, I will release what little of Chapter 2 that I managed to get through (bear in mind, unedited):

The iron chains that had been cut were encased in a layer of rust, and on the lock were spiderwebs. It was easy to see that this was not something that had happened recently.
“Ah!” Du Quan Shan was also surprised, “What’s going on here?”
"It's nothing, you just remembered wrong. Someone’s already been down here." I said, peering through the iron railings of the door. Shining the flashlight inside, heaps of nondescript debris sprawled across the staircase, dust clinging onto every surface. A peculiar moldy smell made it’s way straight into my nose.
"Don’t tell me you’re planning on going down there? It’s too dirty down there!" he said.
I was hesitant as to whether I should go down or not. It didn’t seem like it had anything to do with my purpose for coming here. The iron chains had been cut off, leaving hundreds of possibilities as to the reason why with the potential that the door had maybe never even been locked in the first place. While thinking about the matter is extremely thrilling, how does any of it concern me? Thinking this, I pushed the matter aside.
As I was preparing to leave, I reflexively flicked the flashlight towards the door once more, illuminating the paper seal.
Probably due to an occupational hazard developed from my work over the years,

No comments:

Post a Comment